Operating Partner (m/f/d)
SEVEST is a Munich-based private investment firm which is part of a family holding. Next to SEVEST, the holding comprises amongst others a Munich-based industrial group focusing on complex evergreen investments in established SMEs, and a digital asset manager based in Frankfurt and Zurich.
SEVEST was founded in 2022 but with origins tracing back to 1849 to a successful family-owned industrial company in southern Germany. By having one of the family members in its founding team SEVEST shares this special heritage and reflects the entrepreneurial spirit in its values and its culture.
SEVEST intends to launch a private equity fund with a volume of EUR 250 million which targets market-leading companies and "hidden champions" in the areas of industrial technology, related services and software, primarily in German-speaking countries.
The SEVEST founders have demonstrated their capacity in the sourcing, execution, value creation and exit of transactions in over 35 stand-alone investments conducted since 2007. They have committed to invest in up to two transactions pre-funded by the founders before the first closing, which will help accelerate the establishment of the fund.
The investment appraisal is a clearly defined process that allows SEVEST to move faster than others, develop innovative structures, be flexible to accommodate an ever-changing investment environment, while focusing on the most important issues in the due diligence process.
Portfolio companies will benefit from long-standing value creation expertise, an established team of operational experts, and a broad relevant network of industry experts and entrepreneurs. In addition, holding platform functions such as HR and legal will support the portfolio companies, which will also have access to the expertise and network of the industrial group and the digital asset manager.
SEVEST is looking to further strengthen its team in Munich with an Operating Partner (m/f/d).
You will lead our post-investment value creation activities and play an active role in the pre-investment/due diligence phase. Pre-investment, you will work closely with the investment team to identify and evaluate potential investment opportunities. Post-investment, in your role as Operating Partner you will work closely with CEOs and management teams of our portfolio companies to drive the value creation agenda.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead all post-investment value creation activities in up to four portfolio companies: define, staff and drive execution of the 100-day plan and all subsequent activities
- Act as main point person for and interface between SEVEST and the portfolio companies
- Support the investment team in evaluating deals, conducting due diligence, and assessing the management of potential portfolio companies
- Participate on company boards and improve corporate governance procedures, reporting and controls
- If needed support company management with improving day-to-day operations and execution capabilities
- Strong academic track record with a university degree in business administration or engineering
- 3-5 years of work experience at a top management consultancy. Additionally, 3-5 years of experience in an operational line function with P&L responsibility in a medium-sized, manufacturing industrial company or comparable. Alternatively, 3 years as PE Operating Partner
- Proven track record of creating value through implementing and executing commercial strategies
- Strong financial acumen and ability to quickly understand the primary drivers of a variety of industries and businesses, diagnose problems, and think through solutions, all in a context and the pace of private equity investing
- Strong communication skills, including the soft skills needed to gain trust from CEOs and management teams
- Highly motivated and energetic, with a collegial and humble work style
- International experience and fluency in German and English are a standard requirement
- Top-in-class compensation package (fixed and variable component), the opportunity to participate in a highly attractive fund co-investment scheme, and a meaningful carry entitlement
- Unique opportunity to be part of the founding team of new fund
- Dynamic working environment with flat hierarchies, a steep learning curve and a high degree of responsibility from the beginning
- High likelihood to be assigned to new portfolio companies on a regular basis given SEVESTs envisaged capital deployment pace
- Flexible / mobile working environment
Become part of our SEVEST team and send us your application (including availability and salary expectations) via our applicant portal or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of activitiesManagement and corporate development
LocationsPettenkoferstr. 33, 80336 München, Germany
Employment typeFull time
Sie möchten neue Wege gehen und Verantwortung übernehmen?
Wir sind auf der Suche nach neuen Kollegen (m/w/d), die durch eine fundierte Ausbildung, einen erfolgreichen beruflichen Werdegang und Leidenschaft für ihre Tätigkeit überzeugen. Lassen Sie sich von uns durch einen nachhaltigen Ansatz, kontinuierliches Wachstum, Teamspirit, offene Türen, flache Hierarchien und einen auf Sie individuell zugeschnittenen Onboarding-Prozess überzeugen.
Wir bieten Ihnen die Möglichkeit, sich mit Ihrer Erfahrung, Persönlichkeit und Kompetenz in unsere Holding und/oder unsere Beteiligungsunternehmen einzubringen, sich stetig weiterzuentwickeln und Ihre Karriereziele mit uns zu verwirklichen.
Serafin ist eine diversifiziert aufgestellte Unternehmensgruppe und gehört zu den schnellst wachsenden strategischen Investoren im Mittelstand. Unsere KollegInnen unterstützen unsere Gruppenunternehmen in operativen wie strategischen Herausforderungen, um sie langfristig erfolgreich weiterzuentwickeln. Unsere Philosophie beruht auf einem verantwortungsvollen Handeln und einem partnerschaftlichen Miteinander.
Derzeit erzielen wir mit unseren Gesellschaften in Europa sowie in den USA und China in Summe einen Umsatz von 1 Mrd. Euro und beschäftigten über 4.500 Mitarbeitende. Unser Ziel ist es innerhalb der nächsten Jahre, durch weitere Zukäufe und organisches Wachstum, den Umsatz kontinuierlich zu steigern und nachhaltig Wert zu generieren.